Warmers Lamb Shank Recipe
1 cup of flat parsley roughly chopped.
4 lamb shanks
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 brown onions, peeled and diced
2 celery stalks, peeled and diced
2 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs rosemary
6 garlic cloves
300g frozen baby peas
2 tins of crushed tomatoes
50g black olives
400g orecchiette pasta
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C.
2. Heat a heavy-based casserole dish with 2 tablespoons of oil then brown the lamb shanks on all sides and remove.
3. Blend vegetables, herbs and garlic cook until lightly coloured.
4. Then add the shanks with 1 lt of water (or until shanks are covered). Cover the dish with foil and cook in the oven for 90 minutes or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
5. Remove shanks and shred the meat, removing any skin and sinew. Skim the fat from the cooking liquid and reduce just slightly then set aside.
7. Cook the orecchiette in boiling salted water until cooked for 12-14 minutes.
8. Then combine 200ml of the lamb cooking liquid with the shredded meat. Add peas and black olives in a pan and bring to the simmer.
9. Stir through with the butter and chopped parsley and season to taste.